Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Peppa Pig Birthday by mommybakesnj


I had the wonderful time baking my good friend's grandchild first birthday cake. As I mentioned in previous post I enjoy baking and to have the honor of doing someone's first birthday cake was a true blessing.

My toddler is a huge fan of Peppa pig so of course I had to get her approval once the cake was done. Lucky for me she said I did a great job ;). The cake itself was made from a homemade red velvet recipe (http://divascancook.com/the-best-red-velvet-cake-recipe-easy-homemade-moist-with-southern-flair/).

For me personally if the cake isn't moist I did something wrong but no worries this cake was moist ;). I followed the recipe and ended up with another delicious cake. For the fondant I used the marshmallow recipe (http://candy.about.com/od/fondantcandyrecipes/r/mm_fondant.htm) .

When I do any of the cakes I bake I usually just visualize it and go for it. Wierd I know but I have to say it works. I had an idea of what the cake was going to look like because my friend knew what she wanted which made it easier.

I also made a smash cake for the baby. Typically the smash cake is for the baby to eat however they want so if they get messy it's ok it's his or her bday. I had a request that the cake be dairy free. I used this recipe: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18061/egg-free-dairy-free-nut-free-cake but I didn't use any chocolate. For the icing I made dairy free buttercream from scratch. 

I hope the little guy had fun on his bday as I had fun making his cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment