Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DIY Wreath for under $10.00 by mommybakesnj

What you will need:
Wreath ($2 on sale)
Elmer glue ($1)
Glitter ($1)
Fake leaves ($1)
Paint ($1)
Glue gun with glue sticks ($3.50)
I purchased most of my supplies at AC Moore. (you can print coupons online)


I started by having my toddler paint the letter in blue. We love the color blue and wanted the letter to pop more so we purchased the glitter in blue as well. I had my daughter then add glue to the letter...
and quickly sprinkle the glitter before the glue dried up.
Since the letter was going to be hanging outside I decided to dry it overnight so the paint and glitter set well. I then worked on the wreath. The actual leaves were easy to apply, I just wrapped  it around the wreath. Once wrapped I glued most of the leaves together with the glue gun to keep it from falling off. The next day I attached the letter to the wreath with the glue gun. If you'd like extra support on the letter feel free to wrap it with thin wiring or you can also attempt to sew it on. 
The final product came out great! To make it more Fall like I would recommend you add additional decor such as autumn flowers or plastic pumpkin, etc. The possibilities are endless ;)

If you would like a custom made wreath please email (mommybakesnj@gmail.com) me for price details.

I recently made this year round wreath:








No comments:

Post a Comment