Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Brunch Eggo Empanada by mommybakesnj

Proud to announce I just entered the Eggo Recipe Contest!
I have included a tutorial of how I did my Brunch Eggo Empanada.

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
Eggo Homestyle Waffles (defrosted)
1/2 Onion Diced
2 hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
Taco Mix (I used Ortega)

Directions:


Cook ground beef until brown. Dice the onions and add to ground beef. Once the onion has softened add the taco mix  to beef and follow instruction as seen on the taco packet.  Set meat aside to cool. Heat water with a splash of vinegar for the eggs. Once boiled add the eggs, turn burner off and let stand for about 10 minutes. Peel eggs when cool. I mash the eggs with the meat, almost to disguise it (since my kids dislike hard boiled eggs). Then add the shredded cheese and mix well. Now comes the fun part! Grab your defrosted Eggo and roll it out to your desired shape.
 Start filling it, I use the ice cream scooper to get a more accurate amount. Add a dab of water along the edges of the Eggo then seal it with the fork.
 You are all set now to fry. Once fried cool it for about 2 minutes and serve. Enjoy!

 It's simple recipe and fun to make. Wish me luck on the contest ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment