Total Pageviews

Monday, September 22, 2014

Disney Princess party and cake by mommybakesnj


Disney Princess was the theme for one of our past birthdays. We couldn't decide on which princess to choose from so we decided to do most of them. 
It was my first time doing the cake pops and I wanted to make sure it focused on representing the princesses well. Surprisingly I did better than I had anticipated to. The fact that my daughter was able to identify all the princesses had me convinced I did a good job ;)
For the doll cake we choose to go with Belle because it's my daughter's favorite princess. Lucky for me we had a few Belle barbie's in the house so she wouldn't mind if I used one for a day. It was quick and simple to make the doll cake. Decorating the cake was my favorite part. 
For the decor I wanted it to give the princess vibe. I started by placing Snow White surrounded by the apples as part of her story line.

I had little activities setup for the kids. I filled up a box with princess crowns, dresses, etc. It allowed them to feel like true princesses. I wanted to also do an activity that could include the boys...
I decided to have them decorate their own crowns. I made sure to purchase both boy and girl accessories so they all felt included. In the end they had a good time and what better way to end a party but with decorating your own cupcake.



No comments:

Post a Comment