Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Homemade Ice-cream Cake by Mommy Bakes Nj

For my husband's 30th I wanted to try something I've never done so I decided to make him an Icecream cake. Followed most of the steps as I saw it on: http://thegirlinspired.com/2014/01/ice-cream-cake/ .

               
I wanted a rectangular Ice cream cake. The first thing I did was bake the vanilla cake (you can choose whichever flavor you'd like). Once it was fully baked I wrapped it in wax paper and let it cool in the fridge. Next step is to select the Ice-Cream you like the best. I choose Breyers Vanilla Oreo flavored ice-cream. You have to let it melt a little so it softens and it becomes easier to manage. Get the tin you used to bake your cake so that you have the same shape through out. I placed wax paper all over the pan as I poured the ice cream (as seen below).
How to Make an ICE CREAM CAKE.
Make sure to flatten out the edges so you get a smooth finish.
How to Make an ICE CREAM CAKE.
Then place back it in the freezer for 2-3 hours ( I left my overnight).  Take out your already baked cake place on the plate or tray you will be serving it in so you can start constructing the cake. Before you  put the two cakes together I put whipped cream in the middle so it acted like a glue between the cakes. Then I carefully placed the ice cream cake on top.

How to Make an ICE CREAM CAKE.
Next get you whip cream out (cool whip works great) its time to ice the cake.
How to Make an ICE CREAM CAKE.
Time to decorate...this is where you can get creative and put your own personal touch...

I kept my decor simple, I put ruffles around the sides of the cake and instead of flowers I put Oreo cookies around the cake.

 Make sure to visit : http://thegirlinspired.com/2014/01/ice-cream-cake/ she has awesome ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment