Total Pageviews

Monday, October 13, 2014

School Picture Day ideas

Blog update:
Picture day is here and as promised I wanted to share my daughter's final look.

Originally I wanted vibrant colors but after seeing her in this dress I just knew this was going to be the one. For the hair I did cute side braided headband. I decided to do the braid to avoid fly away (so the hair doesn't stick up).


For a little pop of color we paired the dress with the her hot pink boots and of course mommy's jewels.

Outfit Info.
Dress: H&M
Shoes: Gymboree
Necklace: Macys

Original Post:

We all can agree picture day is a big deal, especially for seniors. It's the picture that will forever acknowledge the year and grade you were in.  The picture that will be hanging on the fridge at your relatives house. Trust me its a big deal ;)

Boys:

Photo via: http://websta.me/p/664668641034193320_259523025



A fresh new hair cut will do the trick. Keep the boys clothes sharp and cute. Make sure it does not blend in with the background you select. If you want a more stylish look just add a scarf for more edgy, firm look. Remember you are focusing mainly on what looks like a head shot so you want to make sure everything is on point ;). I have provided you with an idea below.
Tan Hookset Sneakers- Jr. Boys$12.98 Solid Button Down Shirt (8-20)$12.99Belted Cargo Twill Pants (8-20)$14.99 or Belted Denim Jeans (4-7)$12.99
Clothes and shoes from www.Burlingtoncoatfactory.com

Girls:
girl posesphoto via: http://www.renadurhamblog.com/?p=678&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+RenaDurhamBlog+(Rena+Durham%27s+Blog)

So many different things you can do to make this day extraordinary. You do not want to go over board so keep the look sleek and chic. I plan to make the outfit I select pop in front of the background I chose. I selected a fall-like background so I'll probably have her dressed in the yellow or pink family. I would stay away from any holiday dresses since this is a picture for school. You want the look to be fun. I listed a few ideas below. I love the headbands across the forehead it gives a cute boho look.
Sweatshirt w/Sheer Sleeves (7-16)$12.99 Stretch Skinny Pants (7-16)$11.99
Chevron Print Dress (7-16)$19.99Girls' 3-Strap Boot, Brown, hi-res$29.99
$4.90
Outfit from www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com; shoes from www.payless.com; headband www.forever21.com

No comments:

Post a Comment