Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 19, 2014

No Carbs Slider and Truffle Mac N Cheese

Lately I've been trying to stay away from carbs, mainly bread! I have to say bread for several years has been my Kryptonite. Today for dinner I decided to do with out it.

Ingredients:
2 whole onion sliced
1 lb ground beef
Lettuce
1 tomato

Sliced cheese (optional) 
1 box Roland Truffle Mac and Cheese
Roland Truffle oil (optional)
Goya Adobe (any kind is fine)
2 tbs butter
Soy Sauce

Directions:

Sautéed onions:
In a small sauce pan add butter as it heats up add onions and a dash of soy sauce. Leave heat at medium low until onions are brown or fully cooked.

Sliders:
Put ground beef in bowl and add adobe about 1/2 tbs is enough (you don't want to over flavor the meat). Hands in and mix the seasoning with the meat. Now grab a small ball size, about the size of a regular spoon, and roll it then clasp hand together to mold the slider. 

Don't make it too small as it will shrink on the grill/pan. It's a bit chilly today so I used my griddle pan to make the sliders. I usually press the middle of the burger before cooking so that once it is on the grill/pan it allows me to know when to turn over the meat. I sprayed pam oil to avoid getting the meat stuck. As the middle part collects the juices of the meat I then know its time to flip (cook your meat as you desire). I then add the cheese to the meat once its cooked.

Side: 
As my side dish I made the Truffle Mac & Cheese  by Roland. I followed the box instructions and for an extra kick of truffle flavor you can add Roland Truffle oil. Also had a small side salad  with shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes. I figure if I can't have bread I can still make room for one carb so Mac & Cheese it is :). 



Garnish your slider however you'd like. I personally love the sauteed onions with the bed of salad underneath. Your options are endless, get creative! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment