Total Pageviews

Monday, October 27, 2014

How to carve a Cinderella Pumpkin Coach and other carving ideas

Perfect week for pumpkin carving!





Every year during Fall we look forward to pumpkin carving as a family. My husband especially enjoys the art of carving the pumpkins. I still have yet to master the whole carving aspect but I'm learning. This year I wanted to get the kids involved hands on. The easiest way I found to get them to help me was by have them paint and design it.

I had my youngest paint the stems and around the tops of the pumpkins. I choose green for the ones my husband carved. Just wanted to the pumpkins to have a more realistic touch to it.
My little boy loved in fact I tried to help him and he was not having it. He finished the piece on his own and mommy just cleaned up the mess afterwards ;)
I'm a big fan of tinkerbell so I attempted to do the carving on my own. I will say the only part I think came out good was the fairy dust trail. I used my carving kit to poke the holes and to make the bigger holes I used my kitchen knife.

Cinderella Pumpkin Tutorial:
Supplies:
Pumpkin (1 small (orange)  and 2 minis (white))
Blue paint
Paint Brush
Stationary jewel stickers
Knife or Pumpkin Carving kit
Toy Princess Crown
*Most items can be found at your local $1 store

My daughter had it set in her mind that she wanted a princess themed pumpkin. We visited the local dollar store and purchased some crafts used for scrap-booking. She wanted jewels and more jewels. We had dad cut out the 2 windows (square shape) and the door (rectangle shape). Once carved then I had her paint the pumpkin, after we selected the princess of course. She decided to go with Cinderella. 
After the paint dried we then added the jewels. If it were up to my daughter she would have done the whole pumpkin in jewels but lucky for me we didn't have enough to cover the entire pumpkin. Instead we only made a few lines of the jewels coming down around the pumpkin (as shown above). To make it look like a carriage we just placed our mini white pumpkins in front of the pumpkin (no carving needed). She even went as far as adding her toy princess inside the pumpkin.

Once ready place your tea light inside and your all set!



For more ideas visit my previous post: http://mommybakesnj.blogspot.com/2014/10/pumpkin-carving-ideas-for-family.html



No comments:

Post a Comment