Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DIY Tooth Fairy Costume and other Costumes for the Whole Family

*update- Finished Tooth Fairy costume (Shown above) my son dressed like a police officer and mommybakesnj as a Leopared ;)


I usually purchase my costumes at Party City with the huge mob as always but this year I was happy to see my daughter wanted something new. She has decided she wants to be a tooth fairy so I decided to give you a tutorial as prepare her costume.  I will also share other DIY costume ideas from other sites.



A little Spoiler alert I want to share what I handmade for my daughter this year for Halloween. Tooth Fairy tutorial is below:






Materials:
Wings (Dollar tree)
Rubber Baseball Plates (Dollar Tree)
Wand (Dollar Tree)
Crown (Dollar Tree)
Scissors
White tee Glitter (silver)
Glue (Elmers or glue gun)
Paint (optional)
Tutu (Dollar tree but I used one I already owned)

I started working on the bases. I used the rubber bases because it was inexpensive and water proof. To make my tooth design I used the back of the base which was white. I drew the tooth and cut it out. (You will need a total of 4 tooth's; 1 large, 2 medium and 1 small).

Once you have cut out the tooth put glue around the edges and carefully add the glitter. Word of advice put a newspaper underneath, this is the messiest part. Repeat this until all of the tooth's have glitter. Put aside and let dry. (*I noticed after it dried it curled up so I put white paper on top and stacked books on top until it flattened).

Next I worked on the wings. I wanted to keep the color scheme going throughout so I took a few pieces of tulle off of the tutu I already had. 

You'll notice your wings have wiring holding it together to the label, do not throw out. I reused the wiring to add my tulle to the wings (as shown above)

Once you add the tulle then grab the biggest tooth and add hot glue to the back. Press hard against the tulle and wing so the tooth doesn't fall off. Set aside to dry.

While that dries work on the crown. I also added some tulle to the crown, I cut the little pieces and rolled it on with just a drop of hot glue. Work your way around the crown with the tulle (as shown on pic above). 

Then grab the smallest tooth add hot glue and place it in the top center of the crown. I also added a little tulle on the top of the tooth to make it extra girly. 

Repeat the same process for the wand and make sure to use the medium tooth. (I added the happy faces to all the tooth's after I was done).

For the shirt I'm still unsure if i'll be using  the rubber piece I made but I will let you know if it holds up. As standby I have I made a cloth tooth I intend to sew on if this piece does not work well. I also hot glued this last tooth to the shirt and added a tulle bow.


Finally the costume is done!


The only thing missing of course is the little gift the tooth fairy leaves each child, but that little surprise I promise to post it on Halloween.  I have to leave you with a little suspense ;)

Other Crafty DIY Costume Ideas:


Cupcake Couture | Paper Doll Costume! I love it lol! <3 
Photo via: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/240801911297469029/
I'm thinking of doing this inexpensive costume for myself. Honestly since have the kiddos we do not go out to celebrate the holiday with adults instead we spend it with our kids. I enjoy walk door to door with my kids. If I decide to this costume I will definitely setup a tutorial for you ;)



Make a peacock tutu!! Tutorial on andreasnotebook.com
Photo Credit: Andreasnotebook.com

I love this cute and simple to make peacock costume. You can do it for your toddler or even for yourself. It's colorful and inexpensive to make.
*For Tutorial and photo please visit: http://andreasnotebook.com/2011/10/handmade-dress-up-diy-peacock-costume-tutorial.html#_a5y_p=1868240


Photo Credit: Cheerios and Lattes.com

How amazing is this family packed DIY costume??? Great and inexpensive to make. Love, love, love it! The best part is you can have the kids help you build it. With just a few crafts, which you most likely already have at home, you can have your whole family dressed.
*For Tutorial please visit: http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/creating-the-perfect-halloween-costume/

If you've seen the movie "UP" then you know exactly what this little cutie is dressed like. Adorable!!! So cute and simple to make. What child does not like balloons? I think its a great idea and it'll keep your little one entertained the whole time while trick or treating ;)

There's so many amazing DIY ideas out there. I like to keep it comfortable and fun! If you'd like to share any ideas please comment below. Thank you!

*Follow me on Instagram: Mommybakesnj

No comments:

Post a Comment