Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Half bath makeover


I have been meaning to work on my half bath since the moment we purchased our home about 6 years ago. I went through many changes in this bathroom and was unhappy with the results. I can finally say I'm love with my final makeover. I had seen a similar idea on another blog (http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/tutes-tips-not-to-miss/tutes-tips-not-to-miss-91.html) and I knew whichever direction I was going it was going to be a nautical theme.
pallet wood wall bathroom

The hardest part was working with such a tight space. I already had the nautical decor which I purchased most at a flea market in Florida for great prices. For the paint color I wanted to stay in the blue family but I also wanted a hint of green so I went with a lite sky-aqua blue (not the name of the paint color but that's what it reminds me of when I see it) . For the wreath I created it myself. I purchased the vine wreath and a string of yellow lilies at AC Moore. To attach the flowers you can use a glue gun, its quick and painless. 

The tricky part now was finding the wood like feature. I knew I was not going to add real wood nor was I going to use wall paper because I'm terrified of wall paper. I went to IKEA and saw this:
It's a wood plank print fabric. The texture was thicker than any fabric I've ever seen and I immedately knew I had to buy it. My half bath needed it! To place it on the wall I used my heavy duty stapler and the end result was great! I'm glad I took the plunge on decorating the half bath instead of giving up ;). I hope I inspired you to start your next home project. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment