Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Frozen Birthday by mommybakesnj


Displaying image.jpeg
I have been meaning to post my daughter's last birthday I did for her in April. Every year she selects a different theme this year she went with Disney Frozen inspired theme. I wanted to make it look as if it were winter wonderland, since it was spring season I added extra decor here and there.


The first cake I worked on was a Princess Elsa inspired doll cake. We used this specific cake for her to take to school

Displaying image.jpeg
The cake was a hit! The kids at school really thought it was a doll (which technically it was).
Displaying image.jpeg
For the decor I used most of her Frozen toys to help give more of the Frozen look. I put her Frozen castle on the cake table along with the barbies.


Displaying image.jpeg
I also made hot cocoa packets so everyone can take home as part of their goodie bag...
Displaying image.jpeg
Special sayings throughout the house...

Displaying image.jpeg
Here's a closer look at the cake table and decor (just a little blurry).

Displaying image.jpeg
I attempted to make a replica of the French Cream Puff Tower but since my daughter is not a fan of cream puffs I decided to do munchkins. 
Displaying image.jpeg
I wanted to have something personally made for the kids so I went on etsy and ordered custom labels with the kids names and the frozen characters. I then went to dollar tree and purchased the mason jar/mugs and colored water bottles. The labels were super easy to attach and in the end I saved a ton by just doing most of the labor myself.

Displaying image.jpeg
Another cool spot at the party was dressing the paper dolls.
Displaying image.jpeg
Here's a closer look at the second cake I made my baby girl. I made a two tier rosette cake and added her Frozen barbie dolls around the cake for extra wow factor.
Displaying image.jpeg
You can't really tell but I made paper snowflakes ;). I had my daughter help me out and she loved it! I also made the birthday banner.
Displaying image.jpeg
Love how cute the cake came out :)
Displaying image.jpeg
Did I mention we made a whole weekend out of her bday? We had a party at school, with the family, with friends and last a little time alone with mom and dad :). Overall she had a great time and I was able to save money by doing most of the decor, food and baking. Please share any Frozen inspired ideas below and your thoughts on my simple ideas ;).


*most ideas were Pinterest/Google inspired


No comments:

Post a Comment