Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

DIY Dance Bag for under $10

Every year I find myself going through new dance bags for my daughter so this year I decided to be a bit more frugal. My goal was to buy or make a custom dance bag for my daughter. I visited my favorite craft store (AC Moore) and shopped away. I found these hot pink glitter alphabet stencils and the ballerina bejeweled iron sticker. This was just the beginning ;). Now the store had a few options for bags but nothing that caught my eye. 
I decided to visit the $1 store because I know they also tend to carry crafty supplies. Lucky for me they had the bag I was looking for and better yet it was only $1 ;)

Supplies:
Iron letters ($2-4)
Ballerina shoe iron sticker ($2.50)
Ballet Bag ($1)
Iron (have glue gun on standby)
*AC Moore usually has coupons from 40-50 % off one item visit: http://www.acmoore.com/view-our-weekly-craft-deal/ to print your coupon

Prep your bag before you start. I put the bag in a quick wash and dried it. Now I was ready to start the customizing. I first worked on getting the ballerina shoe sticker on the bag. I followed the instructions as shown on the package it came in. I also stuffed the bag with a towel to prevent it from burning through (I tend to put my iron temp high) .

Once cooled I then worked I placing my daughter's name on the bag. I tried to center it as best I could. You can use a ruler to help you line it up nicely. Once again follow the instructions as shown on the packaging to attach the letters to the bag. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS. I personally liked putting all the letters at once to finish faster.
Now the bag is ready to be used and to think it cost me under $10 ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment