Total Pageviews

Friday, November 7, 2014

Fresh Pumpkin and Banana Muffin

With Halloween over I'm sure a few of us have leftover un-carved pumpkins. I had 3 extra pumpkins we did not carve so I decided to make use of them instead of throwing it away. I wanted something sweet so I decided to do what I always do when I have old bananas, muffins! As kick this time I added pumpkins to my recipe. I had to work on the pumpkin ahead of time.


You have to roast the pumpkin in order to use it for baking. I scooped out all the seeds and baked the pumpkin at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Once baked I let it cool for a few minutes then I scooped out the insides and mashed it. (For full details/photo visit: http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/pumpkin-pie-made-with-gasp-pumpkins/).
Egg-less Recipe!!!
Now that my homemade pumpkin puree was cooled and ready I started working on the muffin. I gather all my ingredients (Spice Cake Mix, 4 Bananas, 1 1/2-2 cups of pumpkin puree). The amount of pumpkin puree varied for me. The first time I made it I only used 1 1/2 cup this time I made it and I used 2 cups. I then moved on to mashing my bananas (optional). Once mashed I added the pumpkin puree, banana and spice cake mix in mixer. I let the ingredients work together for about 5-10 minutes then I placed it in my cupcake tin with liners.
I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and baked the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes.
The muffin was very moist and warm for this perfect for this great Fall weather. You can choose to add cream cheese icing if you'd like but I personally was trying to keep it low-cal.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment