Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DIY Custom Mugs

My sister is moving overseas and I wanted to get her a few things before she leaves. More importantly I wanted to get her something handmade that she can always use and remind her of our sisterly bond. I thought why not do a custom coffee mug. We're huge coffee drinkers, we've been like that for years. We come from a Hispanic background and if coffee was served everyone drank it. Coffee time was time to socialize.

Getting back to the custom mug, I thought this would be a great gift for my sister. So every time she has her coffee she can think of me ;). We currently live in NJ and she is moving to Uruguay (in South America). I'm not the best artist so I had a friend help me out but what you can do is cut out a small picture of the state/country you'd like on the mug and trace it. On the inside rim of the mugs I put Hi and Bye (idea from:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203154633166520288/). 
 *Make sure to wipe down the mug so that you have a clean slate to write with your sharpie. 

I figured why not also put something at the bottom of the cup so that when she is done drinking her hot cup of joe she can see a cute little message (idea as seen: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/433471532858891107/) .

In the back of the mug I wanted a message that can relate to our bond. We're both fans of the infinity sign so I searched for sisterly sayings online and couldn't really find anything. I then looked at matching tattoos and saw this image below.
It's one of those sayings that does not need any explanation and I love that!

For the bottom of the mug I wanted her to know that no matter what happens bottom line I will always have her back so of course I wrote just that. To make sure the sharpie (permanent maker) writing stayed I put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed doing it. If you would like to order one please email me at : mommybakesnj@gmail.com for price information. 



No comments:

Post a Comment