Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY custom Birthday Shirt

I have already shown you a tutorial for creating your own Tutu(http://mommybakesnj.blogspot.com/2015/03/simple-tutu-tutorial.html) and I knew I had to work on a matching shirt. I have listed below a few simple steps that will help you achieve a great shirt.
 
Supplies:
Tulip Iron On Hologram Transfer Sheets
Scissors
Iron
Shirt (plain white tee)
 

As I mentioned on my previous post my daughter is celebrating her 6th birthday this year and her theme is "Little Mermaid". I started out by looking for simple designs of mermaids online. Once I saw the shape I was looking for I printed it out. I decided to go with the silhouette of a mermaid.

I had my daughter select the color she wanted the mermaid to be once selected I proceeded to the next step. I started to cut the shape of the silhouette onto the iron on fabric along with my daughters name and a cute message for the back of the shirt.

Figuring out the placement of the mermaid silhouette was tricky so I had my daughter try on the shirt first to center it as best I could. After pinning it a the desired location I knew I was ready to iron on my design. I followed the instructions as the packet had indicated (do not skip any steps).

The final piece came out better than I had anticipated.

Here's my little one modeling the finished outfit.

She's a Mermaid at Heart ;). Stay tuned for photos on how to throw a cute "Little Mermaid" birthday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment