Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Simple Tutu tutorial


I love tutu's and every year I buy my daughter a tutu. This year I decided I wanted to make one for her. I went to my local craft store (Joann Fabric) and purchased my supplies. My theme this year is "Little Mermaid" so I made sure the colors I chose would match.

What you will need:
Tulle
Crochet headband
Scissors
Needle and thread
chair (I used a stuffed animal)


I purchased the crochet headband along with 5 yards of tulle (pink, purple and green). To put the headband together I sewed the ends.
 

To start wrap the headband around a book, chair or stuffed animal (makes it easier to work with if the band is stretched). Then cut a few strips of tulle (length will vary). I cut the strips as I worked on the tutu.

Look at the headband and start from the bottom up. I started on the 2nd to last row. Fold a piece of tulle in half and pull the folded piece through the opening (please view photo above for reference). 
Once through open the little loop of the tulle and pull the ends right through nice and tight.
Repeat these steps until you are content with your tutu. I filled my daughters tutu 3 times around.
Stay tuned for a tutorial on making your own custom shirt that will be a great fit for this cute tutu ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment